J & F Advisors offers a wide array of accounting and tax services to our clients, ranging from Virtual Chief Financial Officer services to the preparation of business and personal tax returns. We take pride in tailoring an accounting solution to fit your company’s needs and budget. Refer to the listing below for a description of services we provide at J & F Advisors.
Virtual Chief Financial Officer (VCFO) Services
J&F Advisors provides VCFO services to small businesses within Metro Detroit. Services offered are comprehensive of those offered by a traditional CFO, but work will be performed remotely, on a part-time basis, and at a fraction of the cost of hiring a full-time CFO. VCFO packages are customizable to your company’s needs, and can include all or a few of the services outlined below:
- Monitor the financial health and well-being of the business via cloud technology
- Offer financial insight and guidance on all company decisions and issues
- Provide training to staff involved in the accounting process
- Create and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), which are measureable values that demonstrate how effectively your company is achieving key business objectives
- Profitability analysis by service and product line
- Assist with internal and external audits, reviews, etc.
- Business tax return and personal tax returns of owners
- Liaison with bankers, attorneys, vendors, insurance agents, etc.
- Development of company accounting procedures manual
- Budget preparation, including budget to actuals, as needed
- Monthly bookkeeping and reporting
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Tax planning
- Complete payroll processing and payroll tax compliance
- Receive ongoing support for software issues affecting the accounting process
Small Business Accounting
Basic accounting packages are also available to small business seeking bookkeeping and financial reporting services only. J & F Advisors can help your business establish daily and/or monthly bookkeeping tasks, which will allow you to focus on the fundamental aspects of your business. These bookkeeping services can be performed by J & F Advisors, or we can train an employee to perform these duties for you. Small business accounting services typically include the following:
- Accounting software selection and implementation
- Weekly/Monthly bookkeeping
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Monthly management reports
If your company is in need of an expert opinion on a specific business plan or concept, J & F Advisors can assist you with making a decision that is most beneficial to your business needs. Whether you are looking for recommendations on an appropriate business formation, or the best accounting software for your business, J & F Advisors will perform a thorough analysis on several options, and recommend the best solution based on your company’s goals and objectives. Business Consulting services we offer include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Business Structure Analysis
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Accounting Software Selection & Implementation
- Internal Control Evaluation
- Financial Projections
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Break-Even Analysis
Tax Return Preparation
J & F Advisors offers high quality and efficient U.S. income tax preparation services. Whether you own a small business or are an individual, we have the skills to prepare your taxes in compliance with Federal and State tax laws. We offer the preparation of several types of returns including corporate tax filings, multi-state taxes and individual income tax returns.
Internal Control Implementation
Internal controls are methods put in place by a company to safeguard the integrity of financial and accounting information. J & F Advisors can evaluate your company’s operations to determine if the appropriate controls are in place to ensure proper handling of resources and to protect yourself from employee theft. We assess your internal control systems to determine the efficiency and effectiveness of your operating procedures. Then, we make recommendations that help your company become stronger and more profitable by correcting any inefficient or ineffective operating procedures we find.
We aim to add value to our clients' businesses and they think so too